Higher Education Opportunity Program (HEOP)
What is HEOP?
The Arthur O. Eve Higher Education Opportunity Program is a partnership between the State of New York and Boricua College. It was created to provide a broad range of academic and financial services to New York State residents who otherwise would be unable to attend a postsecondary educational institution.
What Does HEOP Offer You
- Summer Program – All incoming first-year students are required to enroll in an intensive 4-week summer program.
- Academic Advising – Students meet with their faculty facilitators throughout the academic year to implement and evaluate a program of learning designed to meet that student’s educational needs and career aspirations.
- Financial Aid – Boricua College combines grants and funds from a variety of sources in order to ensure that all students are packaged to full need.
- Tutoring – Professional and student tutors are available to help students develop effective study skills and behaviors that lead to academic achievements.
Are You Eligible?
- New York State Residency – You must have been a resident of New York State for the year immediately prior to college enrollment.
- Education – To be eligible for admission a prospective student must be a high school student graduate, or have the equivalent of a high school diploma and must have taken a written entrance examination and an oral interview examinatino given by faculty.
- Transfer Students – You must have enrolled in HEOP or another opportunity program such as College Discovery, SEEK, or EOP at your previous school. You must be in good academic standing, and submit a current college transcript and an HEOP transfer application form.
2020-2021 Economic Guidelines
- You must be economically disadvantaged as defined by the State Education Department Guidelines (see below) and demonstrate a history of poverty.
For additional information please contact
Mr. Cody Souffrant